Red Velvet Cupcakes
Get this quick and easy red velvet cupcake recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 30 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- For the Cake:
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 1½ cups (375 ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) of plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (625 ml) of flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cocoa
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- For the Icing:
- 2 cups (500 ml) mascarpone
- 1 cup (250 ml) icing sugar, sifted
- ½ cup (125 ml) 35% cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a food processor, mix the eggs with the sugar, oil, yoghurt, food colouring, vinegar and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Blend until just incorporated.
- Place cupcake papers into a muffin pan, divide the batter in the cupcake papers, pour only halfway so batter doesn’t overflow, and bake, rotating half way through, for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- For the icing, in a bowl, beat the mascarpone, icing sugar, cream and lemon zests together until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon a dollop of mascarpone cream on the cupcakes.
Share it with your friends.