Try this classic rendang recipe by Ann Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- Stir Frying
- 10 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 2 - 4 servings
- 1 kilogram (cut into pieces) Chicken
- 3 tablespoons kerisik [Toasted coconut]
- 250 grams chopped Shallot
- 15 pieces Red chilli
- 10 pieces (optional) Red chilli padi
- 100 grams chopped Garlic
- 40 grams Ginger
- 40 grams Turmeric
- 40 grams Galangal
- 2 stalks (white portion only) Lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons Coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons Cumin seeds
- 10 pieces Lime leaf
- 1 piece Turmeric leaf
- 300 millilitres Yogurt (substitution of coconut milk for a healthier recipe)
- 6 tablespoons Del Monte Raisins
- 15 grams Butter
- Lightly roast coriander & cumin seeds on a pan.
- Blend the seeds, lemongrass, ginger, turmeric, galangal, red chilli and red chilli padi with little water and oil
- Heat up the wok and put all ingredients (except chicken) together to bring to a boil and cook until the gravy is fragrant and reduced
- Add in yogurt and both leaves and stir for a few minutes
- Add in the kerisik [toasted coconut] after 10 minutes.
- Add in chicken and cook for another 30 minutes on low heat until the chicken is tender and cooked
- Mince the raisins and sauté the raisins with butter on a pan
- Mix the raisins in the wok and ready to serve
Share it with your friends.