Try this fusion recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking For Love.
- 10 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon White pepper
- 1 tablespoon Coriander seed
- 9 Garlic cloves
- 14 Shallots
- 100 grams Palm sugar
- 4 tablespoons Kecap manis (Sweet dark soy sauce)
- 300 grams Ribeye steak
- 1 pack Bamboo sticks
- 10 grams Belachan
- 10 spicy Red chillies
- 2 inch Galangal
- 1 kilogram toasted Peanuts
- 50 grams Tamarind paste
- In a pestle & mortar, bash and grind 1 tablespoon salt, white pepper, coriander seed, 4 garlic cloves, 4 shallots, and 50 grams palm sugar
- Add kecap manis to the spice mixture until it becomes a paste.
- Cover the steak in the paste, and let it marinade for 20 minutes.
- On a grill pan on high heat, grill steak until medium to medium well
- Slice the steak into half-inch chunks, and skewer 3 to 4 cubes on each bamboo stick
- For the sauce, in a pestle & mortar, grind and bash 1 tablespoon salt, belacan, red chillies, 5 garlic cloves, 10 shallots, galangal, 50 grams palm sugar, and toasted peanuts until it becomes a paste.
- Mix tamarind paste with water, then strain the pulp and seeds. Add tamarind water to the paste slowly while mixing to get a thick saucy consistency
- Serve satay on a plate with sauce on the side
Share it with your friends.