Rich Rice Pudding
Try this dessert recipe by Reza Mahammad from Reza Spice Prince of India.
- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 6 - 8 servings
- 250 grams of pudding rice
- 600 millilitres of double cream
- 800 millilitres of full fat milk
- 120 grams of caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground Cardamom
- 3 teaspoons of rosewater
- 4 tablespoons of Rose petal jam
- 50 grams of nibbed pistachio’s
- 2 tablespoons of dried Rose petals
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F gas 4
- Wash and drain the rice and put into a heavy bottomed saucepan
- Add 300ml of double cream and cook over a medium heat for a few minutes, then add the milk along with 120g of sugar and the ground cardamom
- Cook on a low heat for another 20-30minutes, stirring regularly until the rice grains become soft, and the liquid has more or less been absorbed
- Whip the remaining double cream to soft peaks and fold into the rice pudding, mix gently. Finish by stirring through the rosewater and lime juice
- In a separate saucepan, gently warm the rose petal jam with a dash of water until loose and runny. Remove from the heat and set aside
- Pour the rice pudding into individual dishes. Add 1 tablespoon of the runny rose petal jam over the rice pudding.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of pistachio’s and rose petals
Share it with your friends.