Roast Beets & Red Chard Greens
Try this quick and easy vegetarian recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- 454 grams red Swiss chard, chopped into 2 inch pieces (450 g)
- 1 bunch of beets, with greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (30)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter (15 ml)
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the beets and greens, leaving the skins on. Remove the greens close to the roots, take off the stems and tear the beet greens in 2 inch pieces. Put aside.
- Drop the beets in salted boiling water and let simmer until tender for 25 minutes. Drain the water and let them cool in cold water. Peel by rubbing them with a rag. Put aside. You can also use a peeler.
- When the beets are done, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallot, garlic and beets and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the red chard and the beet greens and cook for 1 minute until the greens wilt.
- Add the butter and a little water and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm and serve with Fried skate (see the link for the recipe).
Share it with your friends.