Enjoy this quick and easy Malaysian roast chicken recipe by Sherson Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 2 hours
- 45 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Family Kitchen with Sherson
- 1 Whole Chicken
- Light Soy - ½ cup
- Pepper Corns ( lightly crushed ) - ¼ cup
- Coriander Seeds (lightly crushed) - ¼ cup
- Enough water to submerge the chicken
- 3 Potato
- 2 Whole Garlic
- 1 Large Egg Plant
- 1 Cauliflower
- 3 Red Chilli
- 2 Red Onion
- 1 Yellow Onion
- ½ stick of butter
- Sunflower Oil
- 1 Lemon
- Salt to season
- Spices to grind
- 2inch Ginger (grated)
- 5 cloves Garlic (grated)
- 3 Shallots (grated)
- 2 tablespoons Chilli Paste
- 1 teaspoon Belacan [Shrimp Paste]
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Brine the chicken for at least 2 hours, in the liquid mixture of soy sauce, peppercorn and coriander seeds.
- Remove and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Mix all the spices together with 2 tablespoon of oil and stir well. Set aside about 1 tablespoon and use the rest to rub all over chicken. Stuff half of the butter into the cavity of the chicken together with the lemon.
- The rest of the butter goes in between the flesh and the skin of the breast side.
- Toss the all the vegetables with the remaining spice mixture and season with salt.
- Arrange all the hard veges [vegetables] in a baking tray together with the chicken.
- Place the tray into a preheated to oven 180 degrees Celsius.
- Half way through add in the softer veges [vegetables]
- Chicken should be cooked in 45 minutes depending on your oven.
Share it with your friends.