Roasted Tomato Pesto with Pulse Penne
Try out this fast and simple pasta recipe by Adam Swanson from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 30 minutes
- 2 servings
- 1 packet San Remo Pulse Penne 250g
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1¼ cup basil leaves (¼ cup of leaves for garnish)
- 500 grams bellino tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup cashews
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, add tomatoes, garlic, chilli and good splash of olive oil. Toss together.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Place tomatoes onto a tray and bake for 10mins or until soft.
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- In a food processor, add tomatoes, cashews, 1 cup of basil, parmesan and enough oil to blend together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat pesto in a pan on medium heat and once pasta is cooked, strain and add to pan.
- Toss pasta through pesto and serve with torn basil over the top.
- Substitute pasta shapes:
Share it with your friends.