Rosemary Roasted Venison Rack with Balsamic Blueberry Sauce
Enjoy this quick and easy venison recipe from Inspired with Anna Olson.
- 20 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Inspired With Anna Olson
- For Balsamic Blueberry Sauce:
- 125 millilitres Balsamic vinegar
- 100 grams granulated Sugar
- 125 grams Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Shallot, minced
- For Venison:
- 60 millilitres Dijon mustard
- 15 millilitres chopped fresh Rosemary
- 7 grams coarse Salt
- 3 grams ground Black pepper
- 1 4-rib Venison rack roast, trimmed (400-450 g)
- 35 grams Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 190 C (375 F)
- For the sauce, place the vinegar, sugar, blueberries and shallot in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until the sauce has thickened to a glaze consistency, about 15 minutes. Set aside (the sauce can also be made ahead of time and re-warmed to serve).
- Stir together the mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small dish and rub this over the meat (not the bones) of the venison rack Sprinkle the panko crumbs onto the mustard to fully coat and place this on a small rack in a roasting pan. Roast the venison for about 35 minutes, until it registers 57 C – 60 C (135F- 140 F) for medium. Let the roast rest for 5 minutes before carving to serve with the warm sauce
Share it with your friends.