Sago Gula Melaka
Try this quick and easy Asian dessert recipe by Sarah Benjamin.
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
- 300 grams Sago pearls
- 200 grams Gula melaka (palm sugar), chopped
- 50 millilitres Water
- 300 millilitres Coconut cream or coconut milk
- Cook the sago pearls in plenty of boiling water for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Shut off the heat and let it stand for 10 minutes more. Drain and rinse with cold water to remove any excess starch
- Spoon the sago into small soup bowls and place in the refrigerator to chill and set. This takes about an hour
- In the meantime, melt the gula melaka with the water until syrupy. Set aside to cool
- When ready to serve, flip the sago pudding out onto a serving dish, and the gula melaka syrup and coconut cream over
Share it with your friends.