Salmon and Chickpea Toss
Get this quick and easy salmon and chickpea rice dish recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 26 minutes
- 2 servings
- 1+¼ pounds salmon fillet, cut into 3 pieces
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) smoked Spanish paprika
- ¾ cup (175 mL) diced roasted red pepper, cut into ½ –inch pieces
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced red onion, cut into ¼ -inch/5 mm pieces
- 1 14-ounce (398 mL) tin chick peas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) finely chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Tomato Rice
- 6 cups (1.5 L) water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) salt
- 1½ cups (375 mL) basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (35 mL) tomato paste
- ½ cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh tomato
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add oil. Brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt. Place fillets, seasoned-side down in skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned. Place skillet in oven and bake until desired doneness (about 7 minutes for medium, 10 to 12 minutes for well-done). Remove salmon from pan and cool.
- Flake salmon into 1-inch pieces with a fork and toss with remaining ingredients. Season to taste. Store refrigerated, until ready to serve.
- Tomato Rice:
- Bring water, bay leaf and salt up to a boil. Rinse rice in a fine strainer until it runs clear and add to boiling water.
- Simmer rice (uncovered is OK) for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse rice through a fine strainer and return to pot. Over low heat stir in olive oil and tomato paste until blended. Stir in chopped tomato and green onion. Season to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Share it with your friends.