Salt Baked Chicken
Enjoy this quick and easy chicken recipe by Sherson Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 25 minutes
- 1 hour 40 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Family Kitchen with Sherson
- 1 Medium Size Chicken
- 2 kilograms Rock Salt
- 4 Tong Guai [Dong Quai]
- 3 Kam Chou [Raw Liquorice]
- 8 Wolf Berries
- 1 Old Ginger
- 1 Sprig Spring Onion
- Parchment Paper
- Aluminum Foil
- Heat up all the salt leaving about 2 tablespoon of salt to season the chicken. Place them in a baking tray and bake them in a preheated oven at about 240 degrees Celsius for about 10mins.
- Clean chicken and pat fry[dry].
- Rub the chicken with the reaming[remaining] rock salt all around including the insides.
- Stuff all the other ingredients into the cavity of the chicken.
- Wrap the chicken with the parchment paper. Turn it over and wrap it with the aluminum foil.
- Pour half the heated salt into a large claypot. Then place the chicken in the middle, now pour the rest of the salt over the chicken and cover the pot.
- Place over medium to low flame for about 90 minutes.
- Turn off flame and allow to cool before removing from the pot.
Share it with your friends.