Salt Baked Fish
Savour this quick and easy Malaysian seafood recipe by Sherson Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1 Sea Bass (cleaned with scales on)
- 4 cups Rock Salt
- 4 Egg (whites only)
- Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 3 sliced Lemon
- 4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- Dipping Sauce
- 5 Birds Eye Chilli (sliced)
- 3 Calamansi
- 3 Garlic (minced)
- Sweet Soy
- Coriander Stems (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Fermented Soy Beans (tauchiu whole beans)
- Clean the fish and pat dry.
- Stuff the fish with the coriander, lemon and garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix the egg whites with the salt. It should be as the consistency of wet sand.
- Place a baking sheet on a tray and pour out some of the salt as the base for the fish.
- Place the fish on the base and pour over the rest of the salt covering the whole body of the fish.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200 degrees Celsius and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Stand for 10 minutes after cooking.
- Crack open the fish and serve.
- For the dipping sauce, mix all the ingredients together and serve.
Share it with your friends.