Sauteed Parsnips and Carrots
Try this quick and easy vegetables recipe by Trisha Yearwood from Trisha's Southern Kitchen.
- 35 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1+½ pounds Parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- Kosher Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 907 grams thin Carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the parsnips and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes. Then add the carrots and continue cooking until the vegetables begin to brown and soften slightly, another 10 minutes
- Add the butter and thyme to the vegetables and continue cooking until the vegetables are glazed, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the parsley and serve warm
Share it with your friends.