Savory Coconut & Water Chestnut Pudding (Ta Go)
Treat yourself with this simple yet special Thai dessert recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- 30 minutes
- 15 servings
- Ta go:
- 50 grams Corn starch
- 540 grams Water
- 135 grams Sugar
- 100 grams Water Chestnut, small diced
- 50 grams Pandanus Water (Make concentrated pandan juice by, blending pandan leaves with water and strain with cheese cloth)
- Coconut Pudding:
- 500 grams Coconut Cream
- 4 grams Salt
- 50 grams Sugar
- 6 grams Mung Bean Starch
- 35 grams Rice Flour
- Fried Mung Beans
- Edible flowers
- Prepare small shot glasses for serving.
- To make Ta Go batter, mix corn starch and water in a pan. Cook the mixture on medium heat with a hand whisk until the batter becomes transparent.
- Add chestnut (cut into dices), sugar and pandan water. Continue to stir until the mixture boils.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag, and pipe into the shot glasses, half full.
- To make the pudding, put rice flour, sugar, corn starch, salt and coconut cream into the pan. Stir with the hand whisk until the mixture thickens and cooked. Scoop the mixture on top of Ta Go. Sprinkle with fried mung beans and top with edible flowers.
Share it with your friends.