Savoury Pie Crust
Get this quick and easy pastry recipe from Bake With Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 8 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 4 cups Cake & pastry flour
- 1+½ teaspoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Butter, at room temperature and cut into pieces
- ½ cup cool Water
- 2 Eggs
- Place the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (food processor not recommended.) Add the butter and mix with electric beaters (or on medium-low speed) until the butter is fully incorporated into the flour – it will have a sandy texture (the opposite of a conventional North American pie crust technique)
- Whisk the water and eggs together and add this all at once to the flour. Mix ONLY until the dough takes on a rough, shaggy texture but does not come together. Do not shape or handle the dough but place it in a smaller bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours to set the butter
- Turn the shaggy dough out onto a clean work surface and bring it together with your hands by flattening and folding the crumbs and crumbles in as you do. Divide the dough into 2 pieces and shape into discs
- At this point, the dough can be rolled and used as recipes specify, or wrapped and chilled or frozen for later use
Share it with your friends.