Scottish Pan Shortbread
Get this quick and easy shortbread recipe from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 25 minutes
- 1 minute
- 16 servings
- ¾ cup unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup packed light Brown sugar
- 1¼ cups All-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Brown Rice Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 °F
- Grease a 9-inch removable-bottom fluted tin and place this on a baking tray
- Beat the butter and brown sugar vigorously by hand or using beaters or a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes
- It’s an important step to beat the butter and sugar well together when making shortbread – this ensures the shortbread will hold together and when you take a bite it will ‘snap’ and then melt away
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, rice flour and salt
- Add this to the butter and mix until blended. Using floured hands, press this into the prepared pan
- Use a fork to dock the shortbread right through to the bottom and bake for 60 minutes, until just lightly browned
- Immediately from the oven, slice the shortbread into 16 wedges, then cool completely in the tin.
- This shortbread improves over a few days and can be frozen. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days
Share it with your friends.