Sea Bass with Lemongrass & Tamarind Sauce (Pla Ka Pong Sauce Takrai Ma-kam)
Serve up this simple yet tasty Thai fish recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- Deep Frying
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 2 servings
- 500 grams Sea Bass (Fillets)
- 6 tablespoonsTapioca Starch
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- 60 grams Roasted Cashew Nuts
- 4 pieces Shallot, sliced and fried
- 5 stalks Lemongrass
- 7 pieces Small Dried Chili, fried
- 5 leaves Kaffir Lime Leaf, fried
- 3 tablespoons Tamarind Paste
- 4 tablespoons Palm Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- Heat the oil at 150°C. Fry the dried chilies, kaffir lime leaves and sliced shallots until crispy. Set aside.
- Coat bite size fish fillets with 3 tablespoons of starch and set aside. Use a rolling pin to soften up the lemongrass and then tear them into thin shreds. Then coat with another 3 tablespoons of starch, set aside.
- Fry the fish and lemongrass accordingly until crispy and light brown, set aside.
- Heat a pan and cook the tamarind paste, sugar and fish sauce until syrupy. Turn off the heat.
- Use half portion of the fried lemongrass, fried shallots, fried red chilies and roasted cashew nuts - chop them up together and add to the sauce along with the fried fish. Toss well.
- Serve on the plate by laying the other half of the fried lemongrass as a base for the fried fish. Sprinkle with fried chilies, roasted cashew nuts and fried kaffir lime leaves.
Share it with your friends.