Shaved Sweet Tea Ice
A treat perfect to help with the summer heat by Trisha Yearwood from Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- 15 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
As seen on Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- Tea Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 black tea bags
- Shaved Ice:
- 8 cups ice
- 1½ cups water
- 3 lemons, 2 juiced and 1 cut into wheels
- 1 or 2 shots (3 ounces) limoncello, optional
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- For the tea syrup: Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepot. Remove from the heat and add the tea bags. Steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and let the tea syrup cool completely.
- For the shaved ice: In a blender, combine the ice, water, lemon juice, limoncello if using, and all of the tea syrup. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the tea ice into tumblers, and garnish with a lemon wheel and a mint sprig.
Share it with your friends.