Shrimp and Fruit Salad for the Dragon
Savour this quick and easy appetizer recipe from Martin Yan's Taste of Vietnam.
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Martin Yan's Taste Of Vietnam
- Fruit Salad:
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Rice vinegar
- 5 Mint leaves, chiffonade
- 4 sprigs Cilantro, chopped
- 4 Basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 Bird’s eye Chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced ripe Mango
- 1 cup diced Dragon fruit
- 1 cup diced Pineapple
- 1 cup sliced Strawberries
- ½ Red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Lime
- ¼ cup roasted Pistachios, chopped
- Combine shrimp, fish sauce and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- To make fruit salad: In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, mint, cilantro, basil and Chilli. Add mango, dragon fruit, pineapple, strawberries and onion; toss to mix well.
- Transfer fruit salad to a serving plate; arrange shrimp on top. Squeeze an extra bit of lime on top of shrimp. Garnish with pistachios. Serve chilled.
- To “chiffonade” leafy herbs, take a few leaves and stack them up. Roll into a tight cigar roll, then slice crosswise to make very thin slivers.
- To make this dish less spicy, start with ¼ Chilli, or use ¼
- jalapeno Chilli instead of birds-eye Chilli.
Share it with your friends.