Skeaghanore Duck Breasts with Black Cherries
Try this quick and easy duck recipe from Kevin Dundon's Modern Irish Food.
- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Kevin Dundon's Modern Irish Food
- 2 Duck breasts
- Salt and Black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- Juice of Lemon
- 200 grams (1 cup) can of Cherries or A marena cherries
- 1 shot Kirsch (optional)
- Slit the breasts on the skin side in a grid pattern without cutting into the flesh. Season with a little salt and black pepper
- Heat a saucepan over a high heat and, when the pan is really hot, put in the duck breasts with the skin-side facing down. This will allow the fat of the skin to start to melt and crisp up the fat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side over a medium heat, ensuring you regularly drain off the fat during cooking. Transfer the duck to a warmed plate, cover with kitchen foil and keep warm
- Deglaze the pan with the honey, lemon juice and 2 tablespoonsp juice from the cherry can and the Kirsch, if using. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and then reduce it by half
- Stir in the cherries
- Coat the duck breast in the sauce and serve immediately with some Sauteed Garlic Potatoes
Share it with your friends.