Skillet Apple Pie with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
Enjoy this quick and easy dessert recipe by Trisha Yearwood from Trisha's Southern Kitchen.
- 30 minutes
- 35 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- Skillet Apple Pie::
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 refrigerated rolled pie crusts, such as Pillsbury
- One 21-ounce can Apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon Sugar
- Cinnamon Whipped Cream::
- 2 cups Whipping Cream, chilled
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- For the skillet apple pie:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Melt the butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet; set aside 1 tablespoon of the melted butter for the top crust. To the melted butter, add the brown sugar and melt them together on medium heat, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and line the skillet with one of the pie crusts
- Pour the apple pie filling over the crust and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar. Use the second pie crust to cover the filling. Brush the top with the reserved melted butter, then evenly sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar on top
- Cut vents in the middle of the pie. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot, topped with a generous dollop of cinnamon whipped cream
- For the cinnamon whipped cream:
- Chill a large metal mixing bowl and a wire beater attachment in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Pour the cream, cinnamon and sugar into the cold mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes; the mixture should hold its shape when dropped from a spoon. Don't overbeat or you'll have sweetened butter!
Share it with your friends.