Small Pot Rice
Treat yourself to a classic Chinese dish with this quick rice recipe.
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 2 servings
- Garnish ingredients:
- 1 stalk Spring Onion, chopped
- Rice ingredients:
- 90 grams Jasmine rice, washed and drained
- 180 millilitres Water
- 1 tablespoon Shallot oil
- Filling ingredients:
- 150 grams Chicken thigh (boneless), cut into 1” bite-sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ginger juice
- ½ teaspoon Ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons Corn-starch
- 3 pieces Shiitake mushroom, halved
- Pinch of salt and sugar
- Sauce ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons Light soy
- 3 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- In a heated clay pot, pour in oil, followed by rice and water. Cover and lower heat to a slow simmer for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Pour oil into a clay pot, followed by rice and water. Cook rice for 8-10 minutes on high heat.
- Place marinated chicken and mushroom on top of the half cooked rice and cover it to cook for another 15 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off the heat and pour in the sauce and cover it for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with spring onion.
Share it with your friends.