Smoked Duck Truffle Olio
Try this Italian recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking For Love.
- 5 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 2 servings
- ½ pack spaghetti
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 smoked duck breast
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- ½ tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 20 grams dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon parsley (minced)
- 2 teaspoons truffle paste
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 50 grams fresh rocket leaves
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti until al dente for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain. Reserve some pasta water.
- Place pasta unto a flat tray and spread evenly. Slather with olive oil to stop pasta from sticking to each other and leave to cool down.
- Lightly season smoked duck with salt and pepper, and slather with a thin layer oil.
- Pop into the oven at 200 degrees celsius for 5 to 8 minutes until lightly coloured.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil and add garlic, cook until translucent.
- Add cooked pasta with a little pasta water, then immediately season with sea salt, black pepper, chilli flakes and parsley.
- Toss well to combine and aerate slightly.
- Turn off the heat and add truffle paste. Mix well.
- Serve the spaghetti in pasta bowl, and top with rocket leaves.
- Slice duck breast and place on rocket leaves.
- Drizzle truffle oil over and serve.
Share it with your friends.