Soba Noodle Salad with Tahini Miso Dressing and Crispy Tofu
Serve up this quick and healthy vegetarian dish by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 35 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
- ½ packet soba noodles
- ½ bunch kale, shredded finely
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped finely
- 1 large carrot, cut into ribbons
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped finely
- 1 block hard tofu, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil, for frying
- ½ cup unhulled tahini
- 1 - 2 tablespoons miso paste
- Water, as needed
- Squeeze orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix the tahini, miso, garlic, sesame seeds, orange and lemon juice in a bowl until well combined, adding enough water as needed to create a pouring consistency, taste for seasoning, set aside.
- Cook soba noodles according to packet directions, rinse.
- In a bowl combine, shredded kale, walnuts, corainder and carrot. Add cooked soba to the bowl whilst still warm and combine well. Pour ½ the dressing over the salad mix and toss well.
- Heat a frying pan with oil over medium-high heat, pan-fry tofu until crispy on each side, set aside on paper towel.
- Serve salad topped with tofu and an extra drizzle of tahini dressing.
Share it with your friends.