Dig into this quick and easy South African skewered meat recipe by Siba Mtongana from Siba's Table.
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 8 servings
- 4 Sirloin steaks
- 6 Turkish dried Apricots or normal ones if you can’t find, cut in half lengthwise (milder flavour and not as sour as regular ones -in fact are a little sweet)
- 1 large red peppers
- 1 Onion
- 8 metal skewers
- First prick meat right through . Cut the steaks lengthwise and across three times so each steak yields eight pieces
- Now cut the apricots in half lengthwise and cube the peppers and onions to the same size as the meat cubes and apricots
- Thread four meat pieces alternating with red pepper, onion and apricot to make a sosatie. Place in the marinade and allow it to rest in it for at least 2 hours
- Grill on a pan heated with oil for 8-10 minutes for a medium rare, turning continuously. Rest the meat for at least 5 minutes before serving it
Share it with your friends.