Sour Plum Duck
Try this classic duck recipe by Ann Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 15 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 2 - 4 servings
- 1 Duck about 2 kilograms (cut into small pieces)
- 1 bottle Sour Plum Sauce
- 150 grams Ginger
- 80 grams Shallot
- 50 grams Garlic
- 3 pieces Tamarind Slice
- 5 tablespoons Light Soya Sauce
- 1½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dark Soya Sauce
- Sauté the ginger for a few minutes in a wok.
- Add garlic and shallots in and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the duck pieces in and continue to fry until the juices released from the duck evaporates.
- Add the sour plum, light soya and dark soya sauces. Stir and mix well.
- Add water to cover the duck.
- Throw in the tamarind slices and bring to a boil.
- Cover with lid. Simmer on a low heat for 30 to 40 minutes until the duck is tender and gravy is thickened. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Leave it to stand for few hours before serving.
Share it with your friends.