Sourdough Tartine with Blue Cheese & Roasted Honey Figs
Try this quick and easy sandwich recipe by Donal Skehanfrom Donal Skehan's Feast.
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 2 servings
- 2 slices Sourdough Bread
- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 150 grams Cashel or Crozier Blue cheese, rind discarded
- Knob of Butter
- 3 fresh ripe Figs, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons runny Honey
- Watercress salad, to serve
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Toast the slices of sourdough and then drizzle with the olive oil. Put the cheese on top and half-spread it just to flatten it down a bit. Put one slice on to each serving plate
- Heat the butter in a small frying pan and cook the figs on both sides until they have a little colour – it will only take about 25 seconds on each side. Add the sherry vinegar – it will spurt so be careful and then drizzle in the honey. Stir the juices around and turn over the figs. Spoon the figs on to the blue cheese and drizzle the juices over the top. Add a small mound of the watercress salad to serve
Share it with your friends.