Try this delicious spaghetti recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking For Love.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- 1 head of Garlic (roughly minced)
- 4 Onions (sliced)
- 4 Celery stalks (roughly chopped)
- 4½ tablespoons dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried Basil
- 2 tablespoons dried Rosemary
- 5 dried Bay leaves
- ¼ can Tomato paste
- 4 cans of Whole peeled tomatoes (San Marzano-brand preferably)
- 2 cans of Water (re-use tomato cans)
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 3 teaspoons Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 Prawns (deshelled and deveined, tail left on)
- 3 Mussels (on half shell)
- 6 Calamari rings
- 50 grams Cod fish (cut into thick squares)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic (minced)
- 200 grams Cooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons Heavy cream
- 2 sprigs Fresh basil leaves
- 2 Lemon wedges
- In a tall pot, add garlic, onion, celery, 4 tablespoons of oregano, basil, rosemary, and bay leaves. Put the pot on medium heat and sweat the vegetables. Make sure they don’t scorch.
- Add tomato paste to the pot, then stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mash canned tomatoes to half-inch chunks, and add them to the pot.
- Add the water to the pot. Bring to a boil then immediately to a simmer. Leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a pan, add some olive oil and put on medium heat until oil is shimmering.
- Add prawns, mussels, calamari rings, and fish to the pan. Saute until outsides are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add minced garlic and 1 teaspoon of dried oregano to the pan. Saute until garlic is translucent.
- Add marinara sauce to the pan, and turn heat down to low. Cook until seafood is cooked through.
- Add cream until sauce turns pink.
- Add cooked pasta and toss well.
- Serve with seafood on top. Garnish with a whole basil leaf and lemon wedge lightly dipped in minced parsley.
Share it with your friends.