Spaghetti with "Last Minute" Tomato Sauce
Savor this quick and easy pasta recipe by Debbie Wong from Kitchen Quickies.
- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Kitchen Quickies
- 5 ripe fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 slices Italian bread
- ⅓ cup Black olives
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- 4 stalks Italian parsley
- 1 large clove garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- About 150 grams spaghetti
- Bring pot of salted water to boil
- On a large cutting board, chop tomatoes, olives, capers and parsley
- Grate ½ clove of garlic and combine with chopped ingredients
- Cut bread into cubes and toast in pan with oil and garlic. Once it’s crunchy and golden, blitz in a food processor to make breadcrumbs.
- In same pan, heat olive oil and pour in tomato mixture with a tablespoon of the pasta cooking water.
- Make sure heat is high and “sauce” is bubbling before adding a good pinch of salt
- Add pasta directly to the sauce
- Toss to combine, serve with extra olive oil, parsley and breadcrumbs
Share it with your friends.