Spaghetti with Sesame-Coriander Pesto and Smoked Salmon
Savor the wonderful flavors of this easy Italian-inspired seafood pasta by Sarah Benjamin.
- 25 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 2 to 3 servings
- 300 grams dried spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Double Pagoda white sesame seeds
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 80 milliliters Double Pagoda sesame oil
- 40 milliliters Double Pagoda garlic oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12-16 slices smoked salmon
- First, make the pesto. Blend the garlic, coriander, basil, sesame seeds, cashew nuts, Parmesan cheese, sesame oil, garlic oil, lemon juice and salt in a food processor until it forms a paste.
- Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto and the pasta water until silky. Season to taste.
- Divide the pasta into 4 serving bowls, and top with smoked salmon.
Share it with your friends.