Spanish Hot Chocolate
Indulge in this quick and simple chocolate recipe by Anna Olson from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 6 servings
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup 1% or 2% milk
- ¼ cup instant skim milk powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 142 grams dark chocolate (semisweet or bittersweet), chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Bring the water, milk, skim milk powder and sugar up to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking regularly. Once it begins to simmer, add the chocolate and whisk constantly until the chocolate has melted and the hot chocolate starts to bubble (it needs to reach a full simmer to thicken).
- Whisk in the vanilla and salt and ladle into demitasse cups or small heatproof glasses and serve.
Share it with your friends.