Speedy Tomato Pasta Bake
Get this quick, easy and speedy tomato pasta bake recipe by Michael Smith from Chef Michael's Kitchen.
- 20 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 2 servings
- 454 grams package of penne or any pasta
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 head of garlic cloves, sliced
- 794 grams can of whole tomatoes
- 142 grams can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of any red wine
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 454 grams package of baby spinach
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1000 grams bag of cheese blend like Tex-Mex
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and turn on your convection fan if you have one.
- Cook the pasta in lots of salted boiling water.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan cook the bacon until crispy and brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the bacon drippings and cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, paste, red wine, oregano and bay leaf, salt.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the grated sweet potato and cook until soft, about 12 minutes.
- Add the spinach, stirring and allowing the heat of the sauce to wilt it.
- This sauce is ready to go but if you've got picky eaters, feel free to use your immersion blender to puree any veggie evidence!
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper and half the cheese blend.
- To assemble, stir the sauce into the pasta.
- Fold in the ricotta blend.
- Turn into a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
- Top with remaining half of cheese blend and the reserved bacon.
- Bake until light brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve and share.
Share it with your friends.