Spiced Coconut Clams
A Spicy seafood dish by Sapna Anand from Fast Indian Cooking with Sapna
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Fast Indian Cooking With Sapna
- 1 kilogram fresh clams soaked in cold water
- 1 large onion sliced lengthwise
- 1 handful of coriander leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 green chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Finely slice onion and roughly chop coriander leaves.
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush the green chili, coriander leaves, garlic, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- In a heated pan, add oil, followed by the crushed mixture. Sauté on low heat.
- Add onion to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Drain the clams and add it into the pan. Combine well with the spices.
- To the pan, add in salt and pepper to taste and some the grated coconut. Save some grated coconut for garnish. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Toss in the turmeric and cover pan with a lid. Leave to cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of grated coconut.
Share it with your friends.