Spicy Chilli Chicken Stir-Fry
Enjoy this quick and easy Asian recipe by Sarah Benjamin.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 600 grams Chicken meat, cut into cubes
- 2 Red chillies, cut into large pieces
- 2 Green chillies, cut into large pieces
- 1-2 Chilli padi (Bird’s eye chilli), chopped
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 1½ tablespoons Light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 200 millilitres Water
- Combine the sauce ingredients
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat
- Fry the chicken until lightly golden brown on the outside and half-cooked. Add the chillies and garlic and stir, then add the sauce
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. Add water as needed, if the sauce is getting too dry
- When ready to serve, add the cornstarch solution and bring to a boil. Stir in the spring onions, and serve!
Share it with your friends.