Spicy Chipotle Peanuts
A spicy snack by Trisha Yearwood from Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- 10 minutes
- 1.5 servings
- Vegetable oil, for pan
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ¼ rounded teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ rounded teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- 1½ cups lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; rub lightly with oil.
- Put the egg white, lime zest, sugar, chipotle powder, coriander, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl. Beat with a fork to combine. Add the peanuts and toss to coat.
- Spread the spiced peanuts on the prepared baking pan in a single layer. Bake until dry and a shade darker, about 15 minutes. Cool completely before adding the cilantro.
Share it with your friends.