Spicy Potato Ikan Bilis
Try this quick and easy Ikan Bilis recipe by Ann Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
- 250 grams Potatoes (peeled)
- 50 grams Anchovies (rinse lightly)
- 120 grams Onion (sliced)
- 20 pieces Green Bird Eye Chilli (sliced thinly)
- 2 Tomatoes (sliced thinly)
- 3 tablespoons Soya Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Cut potatoes horizontally into 2 and slice them thinly in equal thickness. Soak them in the water for 15 minutes
- Heat up with enough of oil for frying the potatoes.
- Fry the potatoes to ¾ cooked for the first round, and drain the oil
- For browning of potatoes, bring the temperature of the oil higher and double fry the potatoes for a quick 30 seconds. Set aside and drain the oil
- Reduce the temperature of the oil and fry the anchovies until it’s crispy
- Pour the excess oil and leave just enough to fry the bird eye chilli until it releases its flavour
- Add the onion and fry for a minute until it appears translucent
- Add sliced tomatoes & fry until it releases the juice (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add soya sauce and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and sugar and give it a quick stir. Remove from griddle
- Lastly add the crispy anchovies, mix well and it’s ready to serve
Share it with your friends.