Spicy Seafood Paella
Try this quick, easy and spicy seafood paella recipe by Donal Skehan from Kitchen Hero.
- 10 minutes
- 55 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Kitchen Hero
- 12 Prawns, shell on
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Good pinch of Paprika, plus 1 teaspoons
- A good grinding of Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 150 grams Chorizo Sausage, cut into chunky discs
- 1 large Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 200 grams Arborio or Paella rice
- A few Thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 125 millilitres White wine
- 400 grams tin of Cherry tomatoes
- 400 millilitres Fish stock
- 1 large Squid, cut into rings
- 150 grams frozen Peas
- Good handful of Parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Put the prawns in a bowl and then add the garlic, paprika, black pepper and olive oil. Stir to coat the prawns and then set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, dry fry the chorizo in a pan over a high heat until the discs are sizzling and colored
- Remove them from the pan using a slotted soon and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper Save the oil the chorizo has produced in the pan.
- Cook the onion in the chorizo oil for about 6 minutes until softened, then add the rice, thyme, tumeric, cayenne and the remaining 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Cook for 3 minutes, then pour in the wine and cook for 1 minute before adding the tomatoes and stock
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, without stirring, then add the prawns (with the marinade) together with the squid, peas and chorizo. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Before serving, sprinkle over the parsley and tuck lemon wedges around the sides. Serve straight to the table and dig in!
Share it with your friends.