Spinach and Lemon Risotto
Try this quick and easy spinach and lemon risotto recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- For the Risotto:
- 4 cups (1 l) Chuck's veal stock (or low sodium chicken stock)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 ml) Arborio rice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Kefalotyri cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) feta cheese, cubed + more to garnish
- 4 cups (1 l)spinach
- Juice and zests of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup (60 ml) parsley, finely chopped
- For the Shrimps:
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) canola oil
- 12 large shrimps cleaned and de-veined, tail intact
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) ouzo
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring stock to a simmer on medium-low heat.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in oil over medium-low heat, stirring, until softened, for about 5 minutes. Add rice, stirring until each grain is coated with oil.
- Add about 3/4 cup of simmering stock and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until stock is absorbed. Continue adding stock, 3/4 cup at a time, still stirring constantly and letting each batch be absorbed before adding the next, until about half of the stock is remaining.
- Reduce heat to moderate if necessary to keep the risotto at a simmer. Continue adding the stock in the same manner until rice is tender and creamy looking but still al dente, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add the butter then the cheeses. Mix well. Add the spinach and the juice of the lemon and continue mixing. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a heavy-bottomed frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the shrimps for 2-3 minutes. Take the pan away from the heat and immediately add the ouzo and light it. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Garnish each portion of the risotto with grilled shrimps, parsley, lemon zest and feta cheese.
Share it with your friends.