Spiral Raisin Danishes
Try this quick and easy dessert recipe from Bake With Anna Olson.
- 1 hour 55 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 12 servings
- ½ recipe Danish pastry dough
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- ½ cup Raisins
- 2 tablespoons of Water, for brushing
- ½ cup Apricot jam or Apple jelly
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the Danish dough into a 12-inch (30 cm) square. Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar and then sprinkle the raisins overtop. Roll up the dough and cut it into 12 pieces. Place the Danishes onto a parchment-lined baking tray, tucking each end of the spiral underneath. Cover the Danishes with a tea towel and leave to rise on the counter for 90 minutes – they will almost double in size
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Brush the risen Danishes with eggwash and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a rich golden brown. Allow the Danishes to cool for 20 minutes on the baking tray
- To glaze the Danishes, melt the apricot jam or jelly in a small saucepot over medium-low heat (if using apricot jam, strain out the fruit pieces before using). Brush the jam or jelly over each Danish, let set for a minute and then serve
The Danishes should be enjoyed the day they are baked
Share it with your friends.