Sponge Toffee Ice Cream
Get this quick and easy sponge toffee ice cream recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 1 serving
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) baking soda
- Combine sugar, syrup, and vanilla in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue to cook to 300ºF (hard crack stage*), about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, using a wooden spoon, stir in baking soda quickly (it will become frothy). Pour into an 8 x 8 in (20 x 20 cm) pan, lined with parchment paper and buttered.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes and break into pieces.
- Sponge toffee can be dipped in chocolate for a home-made crunchy treat. It can also be mixed with ice cream to make a sponge toffee ice cream.
Share it with your friends.