Steamed Chicken with Lemongrass
Tender steamed chicken with a wonderful aroma by Martin Yan from Martin Yan Asian Favorites
- 2 hours 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 6 servings
- 1 Chicken, medium sized, whole, cavity emptied, cleaned and air-dried (about 1.5kg)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, julienned
- 9 stalks Lemongrass, root removed, crushed and halved
- 2 stalks Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons Garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon White pepper
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Corn starch, mixed with 1 tbs water
- 1 stalk Cilantro, sprigs for garnishing
- 1 Red chili, julienned
- 1 Lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Rub chicken inside out with salt, black and white pepper. Then brush soy sauce evenly all over the chicken exterior, followed by the chopped cilantro.
- Stuff the chicken with 6 lemongrasses, 2 stalks of cilantro, chopped garlic and ginger. Put it into the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, lay out the remaining lemongrasses onto a steam tray, then place the whole chicken on top.
- Steam in the Cubie Oven on medium steam setting for 30 minutes, then followed by an additional 15 minutes at the same settings.
- When cooked, remove the chicken to the serving platter. Remove all the contents from the chicken cavity aside, then pour the liquid from inside the chicken and bottom of the steam tray into a saucepan. Adjust the taste by adding more salt, pepper and soy sauce if needed.
- Add in the corn starch mixture and bring a simmer, stirring constantly until turned to a nice glaze.
- Chop the chicken, and lightly pour the chicken sauce glaze then garnish with red chilies, cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
Share it with your friends.