Steamed Coconut Milk Custard (Kanom Tuay)
Complete your meal with this delicious Thai dessert recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
As seen on At Home With Phol: Thailand
- 25 grams Rice Flour
- &frac112; teaspoons Mung Bean Starch
- &frac112; tbs Arrow Root Starch
- 70 grams Palm Sugar
- 115 grams Coconut Cream
- 3 tbs from 5 – 6 Pandan Leaves Pandan Water
- * Make concentrated pandan juice by blending pandan leaves with water and strain with cheese cloth. Measure 3 tablespoons of pandan water.
- 12 grams Rice Flour
- 165 grams Coconut Cream
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Put the steamer on high heat and warm the ramekins for 5 minutes.
- Mix 25 grams of rice flour, arrow root starch, mung bean starch with 3 tablespoons of pandan water in a big bowl. Knead for 5 minutes, then add palm sugar. Knead more until the sugar dissolves. As an option, add extra pandan leaves to help enhance the flavor. Add coconut cream and strain.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins (only ¾ full) and cook for 8 minutes.
- To do the topping, mix 12 grams of rice flour, salt and coconut cream together, stir and strain. Pour the topping on top and cook for another 5 minutes. Cool down and serve at room temperature.
Share it with your friends.