Sticky Bun French Toast
Try this quick and easy baking recipe from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 20 minutes
- 18 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 3 tablespoons Soft (spreadable) Cream Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Maple syrup, plus extra for topping
- Pinch ground Cinnamon
- 2 day-old Cinnamon sticky buns
- ¼ cup Chocolate chips
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup 2% Milk
- Butter or Vegetable oil (or both), for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Beat the cream cheese with the 2 teaspoons of maple syrup and cinnamon until smooth
- Trim the top and bottom off of each of the sticky buns so that they are about 2-inches tall, and slice the sticky bun almost in half horizontally, but not cutting all the way through
- Spread the cream cheese inside each cut and sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Heat an oven-proof skillet on medium and lightly grease with butter and/or oil.
- Whisk the egg and milk together and dip the stuffed sticky buns into the egg mixture on both sides
- Cook the French toast for about 4 minutes on each side
- After flipping the French toast over, place it in the oven and bake for 5-8 minutes, until the chocolate in the centre has melted
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or for a more decadent treat, serve with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup
Share it with your friends.