Stir Fried Cashew Chicken (Gai Pad Med Mamuang)
Enjoy this quick and easy Thai classic recipe by Thai recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- Stir Frying
- 30 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on At Home With Phol: Thailand
- 5 pieces Dried Long Chili, cut into 1-cm length
- 3 cloves Garlic, thin sliced
- 120 grams Onion, sliced
- 80 grams Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 80 grams Roasted Cashew Nut
- 3 stalks Spring Onion, sliced
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 400 grams Chicken Thighs, cubed
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili Paste
- 2 teaspoons Fish Sauce
- 350 grams Cooked Rice
- Fry dried chilies and garlic until crispy. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the chicken cubes with a tablespoon of the remaining oil from the frying of the garlic and chilies earlier. Add chicken stock and season with Hoisin sauce, chili paste and fish sauce. Let it cook until the chicken fully absorbs the flavors of the sauce.
- Slice onion, green bell peppers, and spring onions. Add them and the rice into the pan with the chicken. Mix well in high heat. Then add half of the chopped cashew nuts, fried chilies and sliced spring onions. Toss well and turn off the heat.
- Serve on the plate, sprinkle with the rest of fried garlic, fried chilies and chopped cashew nuts. Garnish with spring onions.
Share it with your friends.