Stir Fried Long Beans
Try this quick and easy vegetable recipe by Ili Sulaiman from Home Cooked: Malaysia.
- Stir Frying
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 2 servings
- 600 grams (1 ikat) Long Beans or Kacang Panjang
- 1 centimetre Belacan (Shrimp Paste) cube toasted
- ¼ cup Dried Prawns
- 6 Shallots
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 4 Red Chillies
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 1 cup Water
- In a blender, add shallots, garlic, red chillies and a dash of water and blend until chunky in texture
- Cut up long beans into 1cm length, rinse and set aside
- Rinse dried prawns and let it soak in warm water for a few minutes
- In a wok, heat up until almost smoking. Add in oil and stir fry the blended ingredients for a few minutes until fragrant and then add in the toasted belacan (shrimp paste) and dried prawns that have been drained and fry for at least 2 minutes
- Lastly, add in the chopped up long beans, season with salt and sugar and stir fry until long beans are cooked. Add in a dash of water if required. Taste and adjust if required.
Share it with your friends.