Stir-Fry Tempeh with Fresh Coconut
Enjoy this quick and easy vegetarian recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- Stir Frying
- 4 to 5 servings
- 300 grams tempeh, cut into large dices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, sliced into rounds
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon miso paste added to one cup of water
- 1 tablespoon tamari/soya sauce (optional)
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1 yellow or red capsicum, cut finely
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced lemongrass
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup freshly shaved coconut
- Heat a wok/frying pan with olive oil over medium-high heat, add tempeh, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and lemongrass to the pan, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add capsicum, broccoli, sesame oil and miso paste mixture as needed, stir-fry for 2-3min.
- Add tamari to the pan and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Toss fresh coconut through the stir-fry mix. Plate up, topped with extra coriander and coconut.
Share it with your friends.