Try this quick and easy recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking For Love.
- 10 minutes
- 2 hours 30 minutes
- 4 servings
- 3 chicken carcass
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion (roughly chopped)
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 carrot (roughly chopped)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons parmesan (grated)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 slices stale white bread (without crust)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add chicken carcass, chicken breast, onion, celery, carrot, bay leaves, and dried oregano in a pot. Fill the pot with water until all ingredients are covered.
- Simmer the pot for 1 to 2 hours. Skim off any scum that appears on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once broth is ready, strain the liquid, and discard the ingredients.
- Reheat the broth to a light simmer. Stir and slowly add egg white in a thin stream to create long thin ribbons.
- Add parmesan and parsley. Turn off fire.
- Make croutons by dicing the bread and frying lightly in olive oil until golden brown.
- Serve soup in bowls and top with croutons.
Share it with your friends.