Try this quick and easy waffle recipe by Haylie Duff from Real Girl's Kitchen.
- 5 minutes
- 35 minutes
- 8 servings
- 2+¼ teaspoons dry Yeast
- ¾ cup whole Milk, warmed
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon good-quality Vanilla
- 2 large Eggs
- 3½ cups unbleached All-purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon fine Salt
- 1 cup Sugar cubes, roughly chopped
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes
- Put the melted butter, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl and mix until combined. Whisk together the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the yeast mixture and melted butter mixture and gently combine; the mixture should be slightly lumpy. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes to rise
- Add the chopped sugar cubes to the bowl and gently fold into the dough; do not over-mix. Divide the dough into small patties. Bake in a hot stovetop waffle iron 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or 6 to 8 minutes total in an electric waffle iron. Serve warm
Share it with your friends.