Sweeten up with this fast and easy dessert recipe by Anna Olson from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 20 minutes
- 30 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 1 ½ cups walnuts, lightly toasted*
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1 cup dried cherries
- ½ cupraisins
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 3 pieces candied ginger, chopped
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground anise seed
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Granulated or decorator’s sugar, for rolling
- Pulse the walnuts, prunes and cherries first, until the walnut pieces become the texture of crumbs. Add the raisins, dates, candied ginger, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger, anise seed, clove and allspice and pulse until evenly texture (the mixture will not come together like a dough.)
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and scoop spoonfuls of the mixture and shape into balls by rolling in your palms. Roll the sugar plums in sugar to coat completely and place each in a paper cup. Store the sugar plums in an airtight container.
- The sugar plums will keep up to a month in an airtight container.
- To toast the walnuts, preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Spread the walnuts in a single layer on a baking tray or pie plate and toast for about 15 minutes, until they brown a little. Cool before using or storing in an airtight container.
Share it with your friends.