Superior Chinese Chicken
Try this quick and easy Chinese-inspired recipe by Ann Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 20 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 4 servings
- ½ free range (kampung) Chicken, cut to small pieces
- 100 grams old Ginger, sliced
- 50 grams Wood ear fungus, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Goji berries
- 4 Red dates, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 bottle Chicken essence
- Salt to taste
- 2 cap Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- Spring onion and coriander for garnish
- Clean and cut the chicken into small pieces then throw into boiling water, cook for 1 minute then remove. Ensure not to cook chicken thoroughly as it will be steamed further
- In a large glass container, mix the ginger, wood ear fungus, goji berries, red dates, chicken essence, salt, Chinese rice wine and soy sauce together. Ensure you mix well
- Place the semi-cooked chicken into the mixture and mix well
- Steam for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked
- Garnish with spring onion and coriander then serve hot!
Share it with your friends.